Thursday, July 22, 2010

The kitchen redo is done!

Well...almost. The only thing left to put up is a pendant light over the sink. I haven't found what I want yet and I couldn't wait any longer for this reveal. I love my new kitchen! It is so much brighter and has a more timeless feel. First and foremost I want to thank my wonderful husband for all his hard work on this project. If not for his patience and "mad skills" this kitchen redo would not be what I envisioned. Thanks honey, I owe you BIG time!

Now this is what our kitchen used to look like.
As you can see I had an obsession with feathered barnyard animals

This is our kitchen now!














What we did

  1. Oak hardwood floors throughout  kitchen

  2. Granite counter tops

  3. Paint

  4. Interior doors throughout the house

  5. Oiled rubbed bronze doorknobs

  6. Bead board back splash with frame

  7. Bead board panels with trim on wall

  8. Bead board on soffice

  9. Bead board under bar

  10. Koler smart divide sink

  11. Moen oiled rubbed bronzed faucet

  12. Changed all light fixtures--ceiling, breakfast table, over sink( to come)

  13. New bar stools and chairs around table. Kept the antique table I already had.

  14. New rug under table

  15. Changed all cabinet hardware---oiled rubbed bronze

  16. Took doors off of cabinets over fridge and put baskets in the space

  17. Put glass in cabinet next to oven

  18. Add brackets under cabinets

  19. Woven wood shades on windows

 The decor is a mix of old and new. Kept cost down by shopping discount stores---Love TG Maxx
The green paint color doesn't show up as well in the photos---It's kind of a minty-sagey green, really fresh looking. The color is called "Weathered stucco" from Sherman Williams from their Charleston color collection. The trim and cabinets are an off white.

This project started in January of this year. I think it was worth all the hard work and time. My family is enjoying the space very much, and since I love being in the kitchen I am cooking more, which those who know me know cooking is something I don't do often!

I would love to read your comments on my kitchen.
Did you spot any of my feathered friends in the new kitchen?

16 comments:

  1. Your Husband is the only "Rooster" in the new kitchen.
    Great job you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rooster on the corner of the breakfast bar!! Just GORGEOUS kitchen! We have the same light fixture! You guys did a great job--enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that is beautiful! Just gorgeous! I love the white cabinets, the beautiful bead board, the granite countertops and the gorgeous appliances. Oh wait... I also love the sink, the wood floor. It's all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kitchen before made me smile. We were all so in love with over-the-top themes, stuff everywhere, etc. and this kitchen was a great example of that. It look great, for that style, but it was time to move forward.

    I love all of the architectural detail you added. The cabinets, bead board, and trim are perfect. I also love the colors and fresh feel of the room.

    You done good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cabinets! The white looks so hood with the black handles and hinges! Live it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that makeover - so clean and pretty. Gorgeous! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great makeover, it looks beautiful-enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful kitchen...love that soft green color and the clean lines everywhere...congrats on a job well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful! Warm and inviting and so fresh looking. You've done a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks really lovely! My post has an oil rubbed bronze faucet, too. Hope you don't run into the trouble we had. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Kitchen looks fabulous!! I have to laugh at the before photo. I guess you weren't lying about the chicken obsession! ha!

    Your kitchen now looks really crisp, clean and fresh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Stunning reveal! Wonderful job (:
    Stopping by from Between Naps on the Porch link up!
    ~Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!!!! I am just beginning a kitchen makeover for myself. Yours is very much along the lines of what I would want. You have inspired me! Now... to get up the courage and the money.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your kitchen redo looks great. Love the bead board added and trimmed. Mine used to be wallpapered, too. I see you and I have very similar taste and style. Thanks so much for your suggestion and now I have to figure out which route to go.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful! I love everything about it, from the glass cabinet doors to the rooster accessory!

    ReplyDelete